0843 658 0822
Number Direct is a telephone directory and call routing service and is not connected to Scottish Gas. Calls cost 7p per minute to call plus your access charge which is set by your telephone operator. To contact Scottish Gas for free, the number can be found on their website.
Reasons For Calling the Scottish Gas HomeCare Contact Number
Call the Scottish Gas HomeCare number if you need to:
• Switch your HomeCare package to one more suited to you
• Report a problem with your boiler
• Find ways to keep the cost of your HomeCare package down
• Request an engineer callout
• Query a charge on your HomeCare statement
• Get a quote for your renewal fee
• Transfer your HomeCare package to a new home address
• Cancel your HomeCare cover.
What Is Scottish Gas HomeCare?
Scottish Gas HomeCare is an insurance package for your boiler that covers ongoing maintenance, one-off repairs and any necessary replacements. Customers can get a personalised quote for their HomeCare package by calling the Scottish Gas HomeCare contact number, or via the insurance page of the Scottish Gas website.
Landlords with up to ten properties can also make use of Scottish Gas’ bespoke HomeCare cover service, which takes care of repairs, replacements and maintenance for all of their tenants with one simple payment plan. Choose from one of Scottish Gas’ read-built HomeCare packages – Landlord Essentials, Landlord Essentials Plus or Landlord Pro – or build your own package to ensure you get the cover that best suits your needs.
When a customer first joins the HomeCare cover service, their price will be a mere estimation as Scottish Gas does not have much information on their usage and needs. The longer a customer is with Scottish Gas, however, the more likely their HomeCare cover price is likely to change or increase. This is because Scottish Gas learns more about that customer’s boiler and heating system and their usage and is later able to charge them more accurately.
If a customer purchases a boiler from Scottish Gas, they will receive free HomeCare cover for a year, including callouts, repairs and replacements. However, your renewal fee two years after the start of your initial HomeCare cover package will reflect any callouts you might have had within those two years.
Ways To Keep Your HomeCare Cost Down
Make sure you’re doing what you can to minimise the cost of your HomeCare package. This includes:
• Making sure you’re on the right insurance plan for your boiler and central heating system
• Speaking with your Annual Service engineer
• Replacing your boiler (if it is an older model) with a newer, more cost-efficient one
• Implementing one of Scottish Gas’ energy-saving home installations.